Friday, January 30, 2009

homework sucks

I hate assigning homework. I'm only JUST NOW getting the hang of it because i realize that i'm not really assigning homework for the childrens sake, as much as i'm assigning homework so the parents have something to harangue their kids about. I've gotten complaints from the office about students not being assigned homework. And it's true, I fucking hate homework. I've hated it since I had to DO homework, and I still hate the idea that someone is supposed to be doing work at home for nobody's benefit but their own... and i am FORCED to punish them if they decide not to benefit themselves. But that's school.

I have a website where I can upload homework assignments online. That is purely for the parents to check, then rummage through their kids' backpack looking for results. It's INHUMANE.

No comments:

Post a Comment