Sunday, January 4, 2009

headcold!

Mandoo = dumpling
bop = rice
kim bop = korean sushi
kim chi = nasty

Slowly learning my way around the restaurant menu. Luckily, the dumpling place near me (which i love more than taco bell(even though i do miss grilled stufft burritos)) just got english menus with pictures and english wordings of their meals. There are spicy dumplings and kimchi dumplings and these other veggie dumplings which i can't get enough of. That place and another one nearby (both with orange logos) have cheap food that's delish. I can order 2 things from the 2nd restaurant: bulgogi dup bop (beef with rice dish) or cham chi dup bop (tuna with rice dish).

My bed is stiff as a board and i'm sick of it. It needs to be replaced sooner rather than AFTER i start waking up with back pain. Maybe i should just start breaking it in a little... KOREAN BEDROOM GYMNASTICS, GO! I did my first load of laundry last night. The dryer setting of the robot-like device merely wisks away the initial mass of liquid from the clothes. Only dry enough to NOT drip all over the floor. The drying rack can hold an entire load of laundry (considering a full load in my robot machine isn't exactly a full load in mom and dad's washer). The sink situation hasn't been too bad. I need dish soap and a scrubber, but hot water has been able to help me hand-wash the oatmeal and ramen residue out of most dishes with a washcloth.

I have a phone, but I consider it mostly harmless due to the fact that i can't simply text my friends about what they're up to or call someone to hang out and watch a movie. I've met people here, but it's not the same as having Wilson around to watch something screwball with me, or texting Steff about something lame that reminded me of her (<3).
I miss halo.
I miss RockBand more.

This first paycheck is going to be a huge relief.

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I spent 2 weeks in Korea (mostly in Seoul and Daegu) and I understand the sleeping issue. After that I flew to Taiwan for two weeks and spent most of that sleeping straight on a wood board. Are they still doing nightly protests? It was against American beef when I was over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE KIMCHEE!!!

    I can't believe you are not a big fan of a staple of Korean cuisine. C'mon, dude... cabbage covered in all sorts of spices?! It doesn't even give you gas!

    ReplyDelete