Thursday, January 8, 2009

a Whopper® is still a Whopper®

Burger King next door
Whopper®, french fries, orange soda.
Happy fat tummy



Burger King is the closest food place to our school.
The fast food kingdom of America has it's it's straws in several beverages.
Still, french fries are guilty pleasures at their greasiest. That meal felt good.


I met Kiwon's parents yesterday and set up a date with them on Saturday. They are going to come take a look at my office-tel and "see what I need" rather than trusting my judgement. There is no doubt that they will take care of me, they are very kind. We have plans to visit the furniture store (for a new mattress), check out the Taekwon Do academy (like, the arena where they compete in the martial art), maybe swing by one or two other tourist attractions, then after lunch maybe make it to their home so I can look at Kiwon's baby pictures (betcha $10 he was a chubby rugrat). I'm happy to have someone interested in my well being other than a coworker or employer.

Also on Saturday, i'm meeting up with Jen and a few other teachers to go check out a local brewery. Amount of time spent around kids (kids/hr) should equal an appropriate amount of beer. Today, i had 3 classes (14 + 13 + 8 = 35 kids)and was at school for 7 hours.

35 / 7 = 5 beers

Of course, a normal class day is determined for a minimum of 3 beers. I admit my formula may not work for everyone. The number of kids per class is almost arbitrary compared to some hours. But I have no doubt that a 3 beer minimum is something we can agree on. It's Korea. A beer(Korean quality) is like 75 cents any day of the week.

My bed sucks.
I don't sleep well.
Spicy ramen here is amazing delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Kiwon? Who is that?

    Your equation sucks, dude. You need to work on it a little bit more... perhaps add in more variables. Like this one:

    [(kids/hr)x1.5] and then get the square root of that number, and add 2.2325.

    So 5.47 beers. This way, you save money, and you can drink from your friend's beers, too!

    ReplyDelete