Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wonderment around every... week or so

It's worn off, the brand newish feel. I'm getting used to walking to work every day at top speed (personal best time: 17 minutes), waiting for the elevator even though i hate it (sometimes i can save time by walking to the 7th floor and catching the 'odd floors only' elevator), and living in a itsy bitsy teenie weenie tiny polka dot apartment. I'm living in Korea, not just visiting. This week we're going back to the 'usual' schedule 3pm-10pm at school and I think it's a better fit for me. I can wake up when the sun rises, casually make my way to the coffeeshop downstairs for some online time before making myself lunch and trekkin' to work. It's nice, and the weather is finally getting nicer. I say that now, but there's likely to be swells of ice or locusts or whatever before spring.

But before spring, i have 2 other seasons to look forward to. I'm told to expect these 'weather conditions' before spring truly arrives, and I have to say i'm a bit excited :D

YELLOW DUST SEASON
Yellow dust flies in from China and coats cars, sidewalks, and the air we breathe. I'm going to need to invest in a surgery mask... i'm thinkin' either Keropi or One Peice.

RAINY SEASON
It rains every day.

As a newbie to this kind of weather, i'm not sure how i'll react to weeks of rain. Maybe i'll roll around in a depression of some kind. Maybe dust season will inflict terrible lung complications and instigate some more of that pneumonia I had last summer *shudder*.

That's the next level, i guess. Right now I'm grinding through stage one of "Broke Pit", where my character has 1 strength, 2 stamina, and NO MONEY. I predict that i'll lose these stats somewhere in the game and have to start at my save point (calling my Korean parents *shame*). But save point or not, I've got enough experience to pass this level... as long as there are no boss fights (e.g. PAY YOUR BILLS). I'm attributing my skills or items to the friends i've made here, and the connections we share, like how Dave fancies himself a smash bros. contender. I've never played against a Canadian, so i can only fathom a likeness to the Wionz's skills at Tekken. Scary.

Speaking of connections, I met a girl this weekend who is from Rolla, MO. I was in a bar with friends and my Violent Femmes song request came on and she yelped in glee. I let her know i picked the song and she told me she saw them live in Rolla for the first time. WOO! Rolla!... a happenin' place to be......if you're a nerd.

So, I live here. I'm pretending to believe that I can make plans for when I get back to Amurrica, but I have never been able to plan ahead, so let's just pretend together. I miss videogames so bad. I want to just watch demos and game videos download onto my xbox. I miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment