Monday, March 2, 2009

It's a brand new office

Everybody is out. The room i work in is now devoid of the 6 familiar american faces that welcomed me into it. They all left this morning, except Brian Dye, who is staying another year in Korea and has started a 2nd contract somewhere else in town. Their desks are all emptied, and another difference would be: THEY TOOK OUR COMPUTERS. So from one point having computers, then having old, cruddy, slow computers that couldn't print, and now NO computers... i'm confused.

It's like losing a group of seniors after graduation. Soon i will know what they knew. It's possible that i'll run into one or two of them later in life, but it's sad to know that i probably won't. They will be missed.

I am currently sitting at my desk, which has not changed, and am currently waiting for someone to tell me what to do. This is eerily similar to the first day of my first semester. Class starts in an hour and i have none of my books and don't even know the classroom number for some of my classes. I have no computer, so I cannot print off anything like class role, or a syllabus or ANYTHING. I'm lost again. It stinks, and i'm sick of it. Time to get what i need whether they like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment