Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I live here?

Yeah, I live here.

I'm in the routine, i'm working, i'm waking up and doing stuff and now that i know i'll be living in the same apartment for the rest of the year here, i keep getting the sensation that i KNOW what i'm doing. I'll soon have internet in my ROOM, rather than having to use internet everywhere else. This is a huge deal for me because I use my computer for a majority of my communication.

Marco commented that my blog is too angsty, and I'd really like to keep that from happening because i genuinely want people to read this and (more or less) update themselves on how i'm doing. Or updated on WHAT i'm doing... though writing about that comes a little harder, because, well... i've already done it and seems boring to write about.

Let's assume i've done a few handfulls of nothing the past two weeks in anticipation of the old crew of teachers leaving. Let's now assume that after payday on Tuesday, i'll start documenting the ways in which i furnish my apartment with things like: shelves, internet, and MAYBE a microwave! It's an exciting adventure, and hopefully i'll find enough stuff on the cheap :D

By the way, the Mizzou Swimming and Diving team got 2nd place at the Big 12 Conference meet for the first time in school history last week! Current MU diver, Greg Destephen, is now the record holder for both 1 and 3 meter springboard, as well as platform. Therefore, he can easily claim my 'greatest diver in MU history' title for himself.

1 comment:

  1. I must say that it is okay for your blog to express angst. You're new to a foreign country, and you live in the city, something you have never done before. You're also limited to the people you can talk to because you do not speak the native tongue.

    Dude, trust me... You need an outlet, and I think this blog is as good as any. You're talented at expressing yourself via words on a page through a combination of your syntax, diction, and overall presentation of how the words look. It just screams "I'M EVAN LIKES TO DIVE IN WATTERS."

    Anyway, point being, write whatever you want to, dude, because in the end, it is what is going to save you.

    ReplyDelete