Wednesday, December 24, 2008

howdy

hi everybody!

I'll be using this to "share" my adventures here in Seoul for the year I'll be over here.

I say "share" because there is no justice to the extremely exciting notion that -I- am the foreigner here. Everyone else is asian and i'm just another english teacher on the subway. We all dress alike, have places we need to be, get hungry and tired together, but i only know english. And they most likely only know Korean and a little english.

The weather is about average for late December, it snowed the other night and then melted immediately afterwards. I hold no assumptions for January and February. The city definitely takes getting used to. I live in a 15 story office-tel (office + hotel) on the 8th floor facing the main street that Solovill(the name of my building, lolz) and my school are on. The traffic on this giant street is intimidating: always cars, cabs and busses with mopeds, scooters, and motorcycles doing deliveries as fast as they can (and not always obeying the rules of the road). One must watch out when crossing at a crosswalk.

Christmas without family is hardly a Christmas at all. I've met a bunch of brand new immigrants (English teachers) to go out with tonight, so I won't be all by myself.

So, MELLY CLISTMAS!
and more to come soon

No comments:

Post a Comment